Friday, January 4, 2013

Reflection


    I was not planning on posting everyday but I am making an exception since it is just the beginning of 2013 I really wanted to reflect on 2012 and all the awesome things that came of it before it was to late!! :D (This might be a little long.. lol... please, just bear with me! I will add LOTS of pictures so it won't be toooo boring.)



Engagement photo #2
(got hair done at a bridal show!)
 So much happened last year, like bringing in the year being engaged! Half of last year I was planning my wedding and doing all those fun things like bridal shows, engagement pictures, sending out invites, making centerpieces and ect... I really loved that aspect of being engaged, even if I was always busy!!! 


Engagement Photo #1

     Also during this time I got a break and spent a week 
with my sister, Sarah, and my Bro-in-law, Anthony.
We did a lot of doing random things like going on an awesome hike through some place called "Tennessee Valley". That was very relaxing and nice so I could have a break from wedding stuff. :) 
Anthony and Sarah on
Tennessee Valley Hike
Tennessee Valley with Sarah!


All of us by the beach at the end of the hike.

Jessica and Phillip's wedding! 
    While I was planning my wedding, 2 friends of mine both got married! Talk about making me anxious... lol. I got to through my best friend's,  Jessica,  bridal shower, which so much fun to do. I was so excited and proud of her for finding the love of her life!!! 
Then finding out almost a year later she and her hubby(Phillip) are expecting their first BABY!!! Eeeek!!!! 
Crazy how fast we all grow up! It feels like yesterday we were both in elementary school together hanging out and doing little kid things. 

Carly and Mike's Wedding!! (one of the Pictures I took)










Then only a month later tony's best friend, Mike, and his beautiful(and our great great friend), now wife, Carly got married!!  It was such a beautiful ceremony and reception! I even had the opportunity to take their ceremony pictures since their photographer was in the bridal party. I was quite proud of how all the photos turned out :)  It was so awesome to meet Carly's family that was from Australia, and to become good friends with them! I cant believe both beautiful couples have been married for almost a year!!! Congrats again my wonderful friends :)


Tony's first roller coaster!! (in a very long time) 
Very exhausted after a long day at Six Flags, and this was
only at lunch time!!! lol
     Right after Mike and Carly got married 
we went with them to Six Flags! It was Tony's first time, he isn't a fan of roller coasters! lol
 But I was very proud of him for going on all of
 them that we were able to make it on.
 That was such a fun experience!!


We are wonder women!!! 
After our sealing, just about to be
 on our way
home :)
   














     I don' t want to get to much into details since already did yesterday, but as I said in my last post I got married after 9 months of engagement on June 22, 2012! I loved my Temple sealing so much, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. My reception was held the following day outside in this grassy area behind one of the church buildings,
My favorite of my whole bridal party!
it was so beautiful.

   I will just say, I sometimes wish I had just skipped my reception. The drama that day was unbelievable, 
and all because people are selfish. Thank goodness it didn't matter once my reception had begun and I got to just enjoy and celebrate my marriage to my husband. :) 
The important thing to remember is that I am MARRIED!!!      YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! 


Disneyland(Left), CA Adventures(Top R)
Universal Studios(Bottom R)
one of our sweet souvenirs! 
    









Our honeymoon was AWESOME!!! Tony might not say the same,
 Teehee, but we both enjoyed our week break away from the world of worry and stress. We went to Disneyland/CA Adventures for 3 days which was sooooo much fun! We went the week Cars Land had opened and it was freaking sweet, you felt as if you stepped right into the movie. The only bad thing about going when Cars Land opened and it being summer were the lines... we waited in the Radiator Spring Racers ride for over 2hours!! It was totally worth it:) 
(TL)Space Mountain, (BL) Tower of Terror
(TR) Screaming California
We got some cool souvenirs this trip, I will post a picture of! After DL we went to Universal Studios! Woot Woot! :D We really enjoyed that park and how small and different it was from DL. Our favorite rides had to have been the Simpson's ride, Jurassic Park. Transformers, and the Tour/King Kong ride. 
It is a great place to go to for a day trip. The last 2 days of our Honeymoon were spent relaxing. We went and saw Brave one day and relaxed in our hotel, and then the beach our last day! It was so niiiiiice to have a vacation :)  
(L) Universal Studios, Jurassic Park Ride
(R) Us at the Beach on our last on of our HM. 






















Flynn staring at Tony on his way
home the day we got him!
Flynn a few days after we
got him!! :D
   A month after being married Tony and I adopted a puppy, 
a yorkie, and named him Flynn!! (yes like Flynn Rider in Tangled) He is such a rascal, but I love him to pieces. 
We really need to get some extra training in him                               because he is a little 
disobedient bugger when I try to groom him. 
Flynn does not like grooming 
of any sort, bathes have gotten 10x better then when we first got him 
but he is a pyscho when it comes to anything else! haha. I did teach him to sit,
lay down, get off, stay, and come. 
Does he always listen to me? ummm... NO! lol 
one day...one day!
Look how cute Flynn is when we first got him!! 
  
    hmmmmm... What else happened this year.   While on our honeymoon I found out I was going to be an Auntie again, 20 weeks later found out it is going to be a boy! Samuel James will be the little guys name :) I am sooooo EXCITED!!!! I found out my newest addiction of buying baby stuff... I wish I could buy him the world. lol I am nut.... 
The picture I took of Sarah and Anthony's baby gender
announcement!! :)


The Temple! I'm proud of photog. skills 
in front of the LDS Mesa Temple













    I got to go to AZ for week right before thanksgiving to spend time with a good friend of mine and i also got to see the Mesa AZ temple for the first time, as well going to the Phoenix zoo, and just having loads of fun!!!  


Kelsea and I at dinner! 
Went on a hard hike! Lots of Fun:)























Thanksgiving dinner at
Sarah and Anthony's
On our after Thanksgiving dinner walk 
     




Our first Xmas Tree!
   








    It was fun to celebrate all my favorite holidays for the first time with Tony! It is so awesome to start our own traditions and to discuss how life will be when we have kids and all those fun things newlyweds do. We got spend Thanksgiving with Sarah and Anthony, Christmas eve with my family for dinner, then Christmas day with the in laws. Had a lot of fun!!!



Merry Christmas!!!!! 


Then back to sarah's for New Years where we brought in the new year with them and some  new friends playing board games, eating munchies, and sparkling cider! WOOOOOH!    
Then on New Years day we went to the San Fran zoo, saw the Golden Gate bridge and eating Olive Garden!!! What a great way to start the year :)  

Tony and I ate Midnight on New Year's Eve!!! 
Board game fun :)
Toasting to the New Year! 






















     Well that was my year! I tried to keep it short and I am positive I left a bunch out but dang a lot happened 2012... hahaha. It was nice to have a little REFLECTION of the past, but bring it on 2013!!! 
I wish you all a wonderful 2013, full of happiness, love, and fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Erin Chavez


No comments:

Post a Comment