Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hakuna Matata!

    I have decided 2 things since my last post! 
First, I am addicted to this whole blogging thing, I seriously wish I could post everyday!!!! (not that anyone would enjoy that) lol. It has taken a lot of self control to wait to post again.. haha. To make it easier on myself I even started jotting down some notes in my phone so I can remember everything that happened or important topics I wanted to discuss on my blog.  
Second, it may be stupid but I want to make each post's title a Disney song or Disney quote that corresponds with what my post will be about! Like for my first 2 posts I chose "A Whole New World"-Aladdin for the first post about my new life of being married intro and " Reflection"- Mulan for my second post about my recap of 2012! I just think it is a creative way to make this blog a little more me! :) What do you guys think?
See my Notes!!
Pathetic, I know... lol
So I have a few things I really want to talk about in this blog that have been on my mind this week!

 Let us start with Topic #1! 

      One of the first things married couples do, after being married for a short time, is plan for the future. Ya know like what their career goals are, where to live when ready to start a family, then when to start that family, how many kids, and ect... This week has been full of future planning for us and let me tell you it is not all that easy. Sometimes, things don't work out the way you want or plans change and certain things get put off because it is what is best for everyone. Well we have made a big decision this last week, I can't really get into detail until everything is finalized and set in stone and per request of Tony, but it affects our future a great deal. I have mixed feelings on this because it means putting off starting a family for a year or so but in the long run its the best thing for Us. The selfish part of me is kind of sad in a way but I am so excited for what's to come! Planning the future means discussing all the possible options with your spouse, but that's the thing with marriage, you don't have to make decisions on your own anymore!! It makes things a little easier (or harder depending on the topic. Lol). Also I learned this week when planning for the future, you both have to give and take some in the beginning so that things eventually work out the way they were meant to. One other thing, make sure you do come to a conclusion on all the big decisions together as a married couple!! I couldn't even imagine what I would do to Tony if he and I didn't discuss our future and big decisions together before him actually deciding by himself or visa versa, I'm sure!


            Now going onto Topic #2!


    The second thing I really wanted to talk about was having a good attitude about life! This week hasn't been all that easy for me with the new change that is to come, like I said above yes I am excited but unfortunately this week my nerves have gotten to me and I have been extra extra moody!!! Poor Tony... I am trying my hardest to have a good attitude about everything but deep down I am freaking out. lol. 
I am so grateful for prayer, because it has really calmed me. Through prayer I have come to realize we are making a right decision. I need to not worry so much and know God truly has a plan for Tony and Me! My attitude towards life has completely changed since my last post (not that anyone knew I was down then) my optimism is in full force and it feels so good!! I highly suggest for those who are prayers to, if you're ever feeling down and need answers, get on your knees and pray to God for guidance. He is always there and will give you an answer. 
One thing I do besides pray, is put on happy music to lift my mood! 
My happy music happens to be Disney, but whatever works best for you! The other thing that works is doing this blog so I can get my feelings out, so I totally suggest blogging or a journal if you don't want people to read about your life. I hope that helps some of you who may be having a rough time figure out how to change your attitude and have no worries! 

Really liked this pic
and it matched my title today!


    Topic #3 and my final for this post!


    Last but not least, I have began working out and eating healthy again!!!! I had started sort of hard core right before the holidays(lost 5lbs that first week and a half), but that ended about 2 days before xmas to now! Eeek... well, luckily I only gained about 2.5 lbs because I tried to refrain from eating to much candies and cookies and eating correct portions, but I didn't hold out on the rest of the junk foods. And OH... soda! I am pretty sure that will be the death of me. I stopped all soda drinking when I began my whole being healthy before xmas, but started drinking when I went to go see The Hobbit!! :( Couldn't stop since... I have one Jones Soda in my fridge currently that I will drink with my dinner tonight, then that will be my last for a very long time. I just wanted to sort of track my healthy journey on here for everyone to see so I am not all annoying on FB and Instagram (IG). lol 

My goal is to get back down to my pre-wedding weight which was between 113-115lbs. Currently I am 127.5lbs... I ran about 2mi. yesterday and am hoping to hit the gym again tonight after dinner, if not I will run extra tomorrow as well as do my P90x Ab Ripper X dvd! (My fav work out dvd) While I was on my IG the other day a friend posted a awesome work out I am definitely am going to try using the disney movie Tangled!!! (post work out below) It is so awesome and I am excited, maybe I will do that tomorrow, and then will let y'all know how it goes next week! I am going to scope the web for more disney movie workouts, I would be in shape in no time. haha. 
Also I would like to say Tony has been much better at this whole than me, well in the working out department (I mastered the eating healthy dept. and he didnt quite get there) He has pretty much worked out everyday from the time I told him we needed to go back to the gym to work off our newly wed weight. I am jealous! haha He gets up soooo early though and Idk if I can get myself to do that, so I need to get myself to work out while I am home alone during the day. That is my daily goal so I can reach my weight goal.


Coolest Work-out EVER!!! LOL
I challenge you other disney Lovers
to try this and then comment below what you thought!!

    Well that is about it for this week!! My post hopefully made sense and wasn't tooooo random... I hate it because I will be sitting in the car or something thinking about my blog and know exactly how and what i want to say, but as soon as I start to write it doesn't sound or flow as well... so sorry if I am confusing and it seems all scatter brained. :) 
HAKUNA MATATA EVERYONE!!!!!  


       With Love,
                Erin Chavez!
 
And a Picture of FLYNN for good luck! lol
also he is my other thing that makes me
 happy when feeling down :)  


2 comments:

  1. yo.. first grammer nazi comment you meant "Tony and me" (not Tony and I) *cough cough* read it without the Tony and part to see which you should use, I or me. see: ...God truly has a plan for I!... doesn't make sense. lol.

    and NO BABIES! you guys do not need babies right now at all.. And I hope your news is that you are moving to TX, cause we need someone to come live with when they leave the Union and we want to rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thank you Sarah for the grammar nazi! lol I keep fixing what I see as I reread it, but gaaah I type faster then I think sometimes. Going to fix everything now!

    ReplyDelete