Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Remember, Dreams Do Come True!

  I know I don't write often right now but I wanted to make this special blog on my recollection of my wedding day just One year ago. I hope you enjoy :) 





Wow can you all believe that Tony and I have been married for a whole year already??? I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I remember waking up from my only 
2-3hrs of sleep and rushing to get ready, and texting tony in a few hotel rooms over to get up and get dressed and that he better not be late to the temple for photos (he was... Lol),  

 

   I remember driving with my crazy made of honor and a few bridesmaids down the freeway speeding to get to the temple singing "I'm going to the Temple, I'm going to get maaAarried!" And yelling at traffic to get out of the way. (Why didn't everyone know I was getting married that day?! Geeez...) 



   I remember walking into the San Diego Temple about 1:45pm, after hours of picture taking, feeling so much excitement and nerves. All I kept telling myself in my head, as I walked to the Bridal Suite with my mom, was "you are going to be marrying your best friend, how cool is this? ooo the temple is so pretty.... wow. I'm going to be a Mrs!! *giggle* I am going to be Mrs. Chavez to be exact... *smile*....omg erin, you're getting married, finally!!!!  Ooookay freaking out a little.... You got this!!!" (More or less. Lol) Then after my mom helped me get in my dress she left and went to wait with the rest of our family and friends in the sealing room, (I presume), I was taken down a hall and few stairs to a waiting room, where I met up with Tony. We sat on a bench in the waiting room talking and laughing, and just enjoying the few moments we had left as an engaged couple. Finally our sealer came out and sat with us for a moment to get to know us some, then He welcomed us to walk into the door of where we will be married! I remember my heart pounding with nerves but somehow fluttering with so much happiness for what was about to happen and love for the man holding my hand next to me. As we walked into the room we both took a quick look to see who had joined us in this special moment, we were so surprised how many friends and family drove hundreds of miles to just witness the beautiful moment where tony and I say our "I Do's" aka the word "Yes"! We are asked to kneel on the opposite sides of each on this thing which we call the Alter, and hold one another's hands. I remember just holding Tony's hands and staring at him saying with my Jedi mind tricks "This is it babe! We made it!"   And him staring back at me (most likely) saying "Yes we did! *smile*  Erin, pay attention!" Haha. Our sealer said a few words about us and marriage and about the promises we are making to each other and with God. Then me asks if agreed to this and we both say, somehow through all the tears,  "Yes!!", again more or less! Lol We are Married now!!! Yep all We had to do is say one word Yes and the deed was done! Then the sealer asked us to stand up, and exchange rings in front of all our friends and family, I shaking so badly, it made it hard to put Tony's ring on but I did it and as did he, It was a wonderful to see that constant representation of our eternal marriage. 
  Finally my favorite part of the whole ceremony, the sealer then asked us to stand hand in hand staring into this huge mirror that was in front of us, which reflects off the mirror directly across from it or behind us, and he said to us "Now you're Married and as you look into this mirror you can see it go on and on forever, well that symbolizes your eternal marriage, it is never ending!" 
   Finally we turned to everyone who were all smiling at us and had tears in their eyes, it was so great to feel that love and support. Once it was over we got to hug everyone in the room. Yay! Lol it was nice to say thank you to everyone for coming. After everyone left My new Husband and I stayed in the room for a little bit longer looking into the mirror holding each other, and crying for the joy and love that filled our hearts. We didn't ever want to leave.... But if I didn't leave that room soon I wouldn't have had any make up left on my face! I went back to the bridal suite to do a make up touch up and wait to be called to walk out with tony to greet the rest of our friends and family!! I remember talking to other bride who was in the suite with me and us borrowing each others make up, because amidst all our stress we had to forget something! Luckily it was just a little blush for me and mascara for her. We talked about our experience while we waited for our husbands to hurry and find their stuff. Of course Tony, left his shoes somewhere and they has to find them! Haha. Sounds about right?! Finally we get to leave, we walk down a staircase and out a door where we see all our family and friends and then hear all the cheers and whistles saying congrats you're married, and then a few saying "pick up your wife!! Carry her up the stairs!!" So what does tony do?? Picks me up!!!! 






  Lol I wasn't to ecstatic about that but luckily I was to happy to really actually care. I remember just feeling so much joy that whole afternoon, even when I sat in BJs in my wedding dress eating chicken wings and pizza! Haha. 



  What a magical day that was, I couldn't be any happier with the decision I made that day by marrying my best friend, my husband, my ETERNAL companion, Tony!!!! This was just one year, but I can not WAIT for the rest of eternity to spend with this man. :) 



  Hope you enjoyed reading about the happiest day of my life :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment